Saturday, May 16, 2009

KittyLiterate Wins Sisterhood Award Despite (or Maybe Because of ) Infrequency of Posts

Thank you, ladies, gentlemen, and puddies of all breeds, shapes and sizes.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this honor...and for that, consider yourself lucky. I'm embarrassed that I'm about two months behind in acknowledging this fabulous blogging award, and my only excuse is that I'm in the process of learning to Twitter, so I can get information to people quicker.

Anyway, in true award-winning style, I must first thank Roberta Beach Jacobson, a/k/a, the CatLady for the Seattle Post Intelligencer, for nominating me for this truly wonderful award....thank you, Roberta...and the members of the Sisterhood for passing it along to me, including Angie Hollan Bailey, who has an hysterial (or is it "a hysterical," I think that rule was changed???) life-in-the-fun-lane, but-mostly-about-cats' blog, Eclectic Catladyland. Next, I will thank my husband, Desmond, and the babies, Angela Dah-ling, MacDuff and Sinead for their inspiration....And that's it, actually, as I'm learning that people don't read long blogs and would much prefer a quick Tweet, which I will do just as soon as I learn how.

Now, I haven't a clue what I won this award for, but since I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, especially if it comes from Greece, I accept with humility and gratitude. My only regret is the pocket on the award was not stuffed with anything vaguely resembling a monetary prize or failing that, attached to a real pair of travelling pants I could at least sell at the consignment shop for two bits and maybe buy a Bud light for a toast to the Sisterhood and their exquisite taste.

Anyway, playing it forward (this is like a chain award), I pass this wonderful award on to....well, actually, there is no one better than I who deserves it...but wait, there's Bernadette Kazmarski's Creative Cat at http://portraitsofanimals.wordpress.com/; and my favorite book blogger, Kim Weiss @ http://helpmewithmybook.com/. So ladies, consider yourself award winners, and, please don't take as long to pass it forward as I did. Bravo, ladies....

1 comment:

  1. Awww... thanks for the mention of my Eclectic Catladyland blog! What a wonderful surprise :) I look forward to reading your kitty-riffic blog as well.

    Smiles,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete